Sunday, October 7, 2012

What's Hot : Welcome Back, Harrys!

GUESS WHO'S BACK!!!!



Back to Work
Back to Harrys
Back to Orchard

= HAPPINESS.

This is one of the most awaited event of my life; to be back at work at my dream company with my dream job.  Nobody can replace the kind of happiness that i am feeling right now, yes even Dwi. HAHAHA.

I've been waiting for so long. (I even let go the opportunity that once knocked on me) I know once i came back a lot of things has been changed, but i will try my best to exceed the expectation that they have (if ever they have, which is I assume that there is!). and most important at all, I also need to gain back some one's trust (I know i can, IN TIME.)

So, how does everything starts? Well, apparently i never lose hope that one day i will come back to the company who i treated as my first FAMILY IN SINGAPORE ; but i didn't expect that it will be happening soon. I didn't plan for it, there's a lot of things that is bothering me right now, i didn't set my mind in only one company, in fact I even tried a lot of places and Harry's is never become one of my options after the last time i sent my CV few months back and nothings happened!

It just so happened  one day while browsing my FACEBOOK NEWS FEED, I saw one of my schoolmate / dorm-mate / and also a former trainee in Harrys working in Ying Yang, (It's a rooftop bar at The Club Hotel by Harrys) I browse her pictures and it gave me a sign to visit the website of Harrys and check their careers section. When i saw that they are looking for Bartender, It gave me a moment to think; to send or not to send.

I finally told my self, "okay for the last time" though it's a bit pai sai (emabrassed)  because i keep on sending my CV to them with different position for the last few months, i finally convinced my self, for the last time. for this year? . I even sent a quite dramatic Email to them such as, How Harrys changed me. Blah Blah Blah Cheese Boom Baaaah!

After a minute (i guess? I am not exaggerating here dude!) i received a reply from them. when i saw that with exclamation on the side, I got scared, I am actually thinking that they will tell me to stop sending CV to them.

***piece of my Imagination***

Me : Dear HR, attached herewith my Curriculum Vitae, Blah Blah Blah Chees Boom Baaah! (of course i didn't put Blah Blah Blah Cheese Boom Baaah!)

***send

***After seconds, they received

HR : Aiyo! same person again, now applying for the position of Bartender. How many time she needs to submit her CV in ONE YEAR??

      Dear Kristel, Please stop sending your CV as we are sicked of it! Thank You!

********END***********

HAHAHA. Seriously, that is my reaction when i saw that email with exclamation. (I have this way of thinking that exclamation point means your mad! HAHA)

So, i opened the email with a sad face and i read it, as i read it my eyes grow bigger and i even slap my self if it's real. that they are really asking me to come down for an interview. i read it about 10 times and keep on rolling on the sofa.

So, I've been worried for a week (before my interview) i reviewed the concoctions and even how to do the inventories, I never been prepared to an interview like this. I never been nervous like this before. I want to answered properly to all their questions, make them see that i know what i am applying for, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS MY JOB.

***3 years ago***
(A TRUE TO LIFE STORY)

I went for an Interview for an OJT in Singapore due to my friends who also hopefuls. I go with them for the sake of friendship, i never intended to have my OJT in SINGAPORE (FYI, i have a job that time, and everything is already planned)

when it's my time to be interviewed, this is actually what happened

HR : Oh so you're a working student

Me:  Yes

HR : So what is your job scope

Me : (shet! what is job scope? Bahala na nga si batman, sana tama to) I'm actually a pasta and pizza server.

HR: Oh, and you studied Bartending?

Me: yes, it's part of my course

HR : So, what can you say about Bartending?

Me: It's fun, we do flairing, we studied different type of glass and a lot more (smile)

HR: So, you know how to flair?

Me: The basic, but I am not good at it, I'm afraid that the bottle will hit my head (smile and laugh a bit)

HR: Do you know how to do a cocktail?

Me: No.

HR: Why?

Me: I am not interested. (smile)

HR: Oh i see, Thank you.

Me: Thank you.

***after the interview, my friends asked me about what happened inside the room and i told them the same stories, and they told me that i am definitely not getting that chance to go to Singapore. but who cares??

Now, Let's go back to the present time.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Hahaha, now you know why i am very pressured by this interview? As i want to make a change. They gave me a chance eventhough I told them that i am not Interested, in fact, I became a barmaid.  :)

So, when i went for an interview they didn't asked me for anything about job scope, they straight away asked me which outlet i want. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

So, to make this story short. I am HIRED and will start tomorrow at 6pm. with my mentor at the outlet where i started.

So wish me a goodluck guys! Hope i can perform well and make all my goals come true!!!!


i will surely update about my first day :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AndiChat is a Frustrated Filipina Tryinghard Blogger. A self acclaimed poor in English and Grammar person based in Singapore.

For more information, questions and suggestions you can email me at andichat12@gmail.com

you can also support me with my dreams by following me here in my blog. that you can find on the left side of my page. (Readers!) :))





No comments:

Post a Comment