Saturday, August 3, 2013

A short trip to Philippines.

Last July 19, we went back to Philippines to attend my (our) Bestfriend's wedding, Raymond to his long time girlfriend, Katrina. 

It's a simple wedding that only few people are invited, those who are really special in their life.

Anyway, we arrived about 6ish in the morning and for the first time we took the airport taxi, which i think they have a reasonable fix price for the fare. (MORE SAFE, NEW FX, and they even RECORD THE PLATE NUMBER of each cab are the reason why i think it's reasonable price) when we reached home we just had a very quick breakfast, took a nap and woke up around lunch time to pick up Aisle. 

Well, we didn't go to MAKATI, which is part of our original plan because Aisle got bitten by her hamsters (she is taking care of Hamster!!!) as a very concern sister and brother, we asked mom to bring aisle to the hospital first then we will just all meet at the Hotel. The whole incident destroy our plans.

We checked in to the ORACLE HOTEL AND RESIDENCE along the Katipunan Avenue. We rent a van with a very grumpy driver to bring us there (and also to drop my mom and sister at the hospital first). Well, the room is quite spacious though for me it's a bit small for a 2 bedroom suite room with a price of XXXXX, I think it's not worth it. Though it's quite easy to find the location cos it's just infront of the Ateneo University. we stayed their for 2 nights and my sister enjoyed it so much. There's a restaurants and convenient stores nearby so i think it's not bad and also we didn't had a hard time getting a cab since it's along the highway. 

On our first night, our good friend Arvin came to visit us and of course bond! Dwijin likes him because he's helpful and nice, so he bought Baileys for Arvin. Anyway, we went to Eastwood to chill out. we went to this first bar who have this game called "beer pong" which i think very funny and disgusting game but then again, when you are drunk or with the spirit of alcohol in your mind you don't mind drinking that beer with some dirt from the pingpong ball, right? I mean when you are drunk you do alot of crazy stuff. Anyway, i like this bar because i think we had a very nice servings. I've been trying to remember the name of this place but i only remember the name of the very friendly server, Emman. 

After we finished our bucket we went to another bar, wherein we order a bottle of Bacardi Black. The service is bad and the promoters as well, as they are not so knowledgeable about the product that they are selling. Anyway, i taught Arvin this famous "Hokkien" phrase / style of drinking. Well i am not so sure with the spelling but it's about something that you need to straigh-up or else you have no BALLS. Well, Arvin and I did that and my gastric attacked me. It's quite embarrassing as i asked them to come back to the hotel as my gastric so painful. I think Dwijin didnt enjoyed much. Anyway when we came back to the hotel, I didn't join the two guys of finishing the whole bottle. they had their bonding time over the bottle of Bacardi.Arvin slept over and both of them threw up in the morning. 

Anyway, The following day is my bestfriend's wedding. When we are preparing, i wore my brand new long dress and realized it doesn't match with my wedge. (and my sister told me it's ugly) so i decided to fold up the long skirt and turned it into short dress. 



Well, Dwijin became the on the spot Bestman so he seated away from me. He even proud telling me he ate the holy host. 

After the wedding reception, we went back to the hotel as we are supposedly meeting The girls, but last minute they cancelled it so we just sleep and eat at the hotel as we are going to Quezon Province early morning.

SUNDAY. We pick up Tita Veron and Tito Omeng with my cousin and nephew before we head to our main destination. we stop over at Max's restaurant at San Pablo for Lunch as I am craving for Kare Kare while Dwijin is for Crispy Pata. after the heavy lunch wherein we had a lot of leftover we continue our journey to my grandmother's grave. (I promised my grandma that i am going to bring dwijin next time we are in Philippines). we cleaned her grave, lit a candle offer a flower and prayer and shared stories to her just like she's alive. Before we went back home, we stop over at our Relatives place just to get some green mangoes. The green mangoes from my Grandpa's backyard is heavenly sweet. My Grandpa is so sweet he took the mangoes for me. Then we went to my grandma's bestfriend who took care of me since i was a baby (Note, she's the one who bring me out of the hospital) to introduced Dwijin. we saw a Santol on the floors so we picked them and bring it home. and for our last stop over, we went to my another granpa's house to get Fresh Banana. He got a lot of banana tree on his backyard. Nanay and Tita are dying for it. 

It's a long journey and stressful for me as well as the kids bring home a "Salagubang" (Beatles) imagined to have a joyride with a salagubang? anyway, we bought Buko Pie at the Famous El Mare. I bought 2 for my family as aisle can finish one box. 

Well, we reached home about 9ish. We wanted to have a body massage to this newly open spa just across the basketball court but we couldn't because they are fully booked. 

Well, one thing i learned from this short getaway is very tiring! you know you got a lot of things you want to do but there's only a limited time. But good thing we are still here in Singapore which is very easy for us to travel back to Phil. i wonder how will be the situation if we moved to another country?

well, until next blog. follow me in instagram, andichat. (if you just want, i am not forcing you) i am not declining/rejecting anyone in my instagram unlike in my facebook :)

Bye!

 








No comments:

Post a Comment