Thursday, June 21, 2012

Preparation for Housewarming party

In my country, i dun think that Housewarming is a norm. maybe yes, for some richi-rich people and no, for someone like me who grew up in a simple Family. 

When my hubby told me we're having a Housewarming for our small house (which he never ask me again how i feel about this thing) i just said okay, since he already decided about it. what i just hate is it's too rush. 
okay, to make everything clear, he already told me before around April that we're having one, but since then i never heard anything about it, and then somewhere in May, he just get the small calendar and marks that on this day (Can't remember actually the date) that we're having a house warming, but after that i never heard anything about it. so i got so surprised that now, June we are finally having our Housewarming. 

After that Final Decision he made, as usual i never heard anything about the preparation. until yesterday, which is 3 days from now is our so-called-housewarming-party. I'm not against it, because if this is something like part of their social practices then i will go for it, because i respect their tradition. i just don't like he never ask how i think about it. 

I told him last night before we sleep all my concerns, i told him i tried my best to help or assist him but i expect him to be the leader since i haven't experienced this, but what's happening now is, after he decided on the date, he just leave everything to me which i really really hate. i felt all the pressure is with me. i felt that as a wife i must do a good one, since i don't expect that our visitors will understand that THIS IS NOT A NORM IN OUR COUNTRY. (i dun know, i just felt that most of the people here in this country that they are expecting US (Foreigners) to just adopt anyhow there culture which i also think is a good practices, but i think their expectations are too much. they even forget that These Foreigners have their own beliefs in life. Sian.)

I only have 3 days to prepare, still haven't decided on foods. well i just think of this as Christmas or Feast Day. so hopefully i can survive :)

Lovelots
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment